Trips for Santa Cruz, www.tripsforkidssantacruz.org, is looking forward to 2013. To grow the Trips for Kids Santa Cruz program, the goal is taking more kids out biking on a monthly basis and creating a community of young people who will continue to ride bikes on their own. The Martinelli trailer space in Watsonville has worked out well and Trips for Kids Santa Cruz has a fleet of about 30 bikes. — By Karen Kefauver
One goal for next year is to get volunteers more involved. Trips for Kids Santa Cruz is under the Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz umbrella.
Outlined below are specific areas where help is needed. Feel free to contact names of coordinators listed below.
The next ride is December 1, 2102 at 10 a.m. See what Trips for Kids Santa Cruz is all about.
Contact Roxanne Harrison for more info to register for the Dec. 1 ride or to volunteer: bikesantacruzca@gmail
Kid Coordinator: Kymberly Lacrosse (3 people needed) firstname.lastname@example.org
· Research youth organizations for possible participation in T4KSC
· Contact and set up presentations with potential local youth organizations
· Make presentations to potential groups as needed
· Assist with information packet preparation and distribution
· Attend local community events/fairs to promote T4KSC
· Follow-up on potential participant organizations
· Participate in T4KSC rides to get an understanding of what we are doing
Website/Database: Gene Knipe (2-3 people needed) email@example.com
· Help maintain and continue to develop T4KSC website. Keep pictures and posts up to date.
· Help in development of T4KSC database so we can better track our participants and volunteers. Filemaker experience helpful.
· Interested in Facebook? Help optimize our FB page.
Facilities/Bike Maintenance: John Fuchs (4 people needed) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bike Mechanic-2 people needed and repair approximately 30 mountain bikes at our facility and tools.
- Administration: Maintain electronic and paper files related to rides and riders
- Facility Maintenance- Maintain and repair facility interior and exterior.
Fundraising/Grant Writing: Roxanne Harrison (2 people needed) email@example.com
- Apply for local fundraising opportunities with restaurants and grocery stores
- Grant writing experience and able to write one or two grants per year.
- Help with fundraising events as they are developed,